DVLA launches new online account for motorists
Motorists can opt for digital vehicle tax reminders rather than having to wait for a paper reminder to drop through their letter box. The change comes as part of DVLA’s new Driver and vehicles account service, which was launched on GOV.UK last week.
The new service, which allows motorists to easily access their driver and vehicle information in one place, has been launched as a public beta and DVLA are asking motorists to provide feedback to help develop the service.
The Driver and vehicles account is easy-to-use, secure, and it takes around 5 minutes to sign up. Once an account has been set up, motorists can simply sign in using their email and password, and will be able to:
- view their driving licence information, including endorsements and penalty points;
- view vehicles that are registered to them, including tax and MOT status;
- change their contact preferences;
- set up vehicle tax reminders by email and for the first time by SMS text; and
- choose to stop getting vehicle tax reminders by post.