Innovate UK Smart Grants: October 2022
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, has launched another round of Smart Grants funding for game-changing and commercially viable R&D innovation
Up to £25 million is available for disruptive research and development (R&D) innovations that can significantly impact the UK economy. All proposals must be business-focused, with deliverable, realistic, adequately resourced plans to achieve a return on investment, growth, and market share following project completion. Applications can come from any area of technology and be applied to any part of the economy, such as:
- Net zero
- The arts
- Design and media
To be in scope, your proposal must demonstrate (amongst other things):
- A game-changing, innovative, and disruptive idea that will lead to new products, processes or services.
- An idea that is significantly ahead of others in the field, set for rapid commercialisation.
- Clear potential to positively impact the UK’s position, productivity and competitiveness within the global economy.
Projects can be across a variety of technologies, markets and research categories, including:
- Feasibility projects
- Industrial research projects
- Experimental development projects
Your application must include at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) as the lead or a collaborative grant claiming partner.
Projects must start by 1 July 2023 and end by 30 June 2026 and follow specific rules dependent on their duration.