Parents who have a baby or adopt after 5 April 2015 may be able to get Shared Parental Leave (SPL) and Statutory Parental Pay (ShPP).
Employees can start SPL (if they are eligible) and they or their partner end their maternity or adoption leave or pay early. The remaining leave will be available as SPL and the remaining pay may be available as ShPP.
- SPL can be taken in 3 separate blocks.
- SPL can be shared with their partner if they are also eligible.
- Parents can choose how much of the SPL each of them take.
- SPL and ShPP must be taken between birth and 1st birthday (or within 1 year of adoption).
- Only available in England, Scotland and Wales.
If you would like further information on how to calculate SPL and ShPP for your employees please contact our Payroll Team on 01233 630000.